Friday, August 31, 2012

The Mark: Review

The Mark
Author: Jason Pinter
Publisher: MIRA Books
Pages: 377
Series: Henry Parker #1

Summary:

Right as I'm about to die, I realize all the myths are fake. There's no white light at the end of a tunnel. My life isn't flashing before my eyes. All I can think about is how much I want to live.

I moved to New York City a month ago to become the best journalist the world had ever seen. To find the greatest stories never told. And now here I am - Henry Parker, twenty-four years old and weary beyond rational thought, a bullet one trigger pull from ending my life.

I can't run. Running is all Amanda and I have done for the past seventy-two hours. And I'm tired. Tired of knowing the truth and not being able to tell it.

Five minutes ago I thought I had the story all figured out. I knew that both of these men - one an FBI agent, the other an assassin - wanted me dead, but for very different reasons.

If I die tonight - more people will die tomorrow.

My Thoughts:

This book was Jason Pinter's debut novel and I thought it was excellent! It's a very fast read that I found hard to put down. Henry Parker is the main character in this novel and I found myself rooting for him the whole time. I just wanted to jump through the book and tell these people that they were wrong and explain the truth to them. On the cover it says "...a gripping page-turner you won't be able to stop reading." and I found that to be very true. I couldn't agree more. I felt sucked into this book. So if you like thriller books full of suspense I honestly believe you will love this book. I look forward to reading more of Jason Pinter's novels!

Have you read this book or any others by this author? What books have you had your nose stuck in lately? I would love to read your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!