Monday, October 1, 2012

The Ugly Duckling: Review

The Ugly Duckling
Author: Iris Johansen
Publisher: Bantam Books
Pages: 432


Summary:


If fate suddenly made you more beautiful that you ever dreamed possible, would it be the beginning of a fairy tale, or your worst nightmare?

The brutal attack should have killed anybody, but Nell Calder did more than survive. She emerged a woman transformed, with an exquisite beauty found only in fairy tales. Nell Calder deserved a happy ending. Instead, her descent into terror has just begun.

Her attacker is still on the hunt, determined to finish what he's started. And Nell, protected by a new face, is just as determined to fight back and take her revenge. But to catch her prey, she will have to expose herself—even if it makes her a killer's prime target.


My Thoughts:

I loved this book. Nell went through so much suffering in the beginning of this book and she wanted to get revenge. She wanted to become a woman who was strong (physically and mentally), brave and who could take care of herself. I really liked that in her because I think more women should be able to defend themselves and not have to depend on others. I could not imagine the horror of going through what she went through as a mother.  

This story sucked me right in! I could barely put it down because I just HAD to know what was going to happen. The characters were really likable to me and I really enjoyed them all. If you like suspense, betrayal, revenge, twists and turns, adventure, and a little bit of romance all tossed together, I think you'll really enjoy this book.

I'm really interested in reading more of Johansen's books. Do you have any recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!