Monday, April 1, 2013

Hex Hall: Review

Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1)
Hex Hall
Author: Rachel Hawkins
Publisher: Hyperion Book CH
Series: Hex Hall #1
Pages: 323

Summary:

Three years ago, Sophie Mercer discovered that she was a witch. It's gotten her into a few scrapes. Her non-gifted mother has been as supportive as possible, consulting Sophie's estranged father--an elusive European warlock--only when necessary. But when Sophie attracts too much human attention for a prom-night spell gone horribly wrong, it's her dad who decides her punishment: exile to Hex Hall, an isolated reform school for wayward Prodigium, a.k.a. witches, faeries, and shapeshifters. 
  
By the end of her first day among fellow freak-teens, Sophie has quite a scorecard: three powerful enemies who look like supermodels, a futile crush on a gorgeous warlock, a creepy tagalong ghost, and a new roommate who happens to be the most hated person and only vampire student on campus. Worse, Sophie soon learns that a mysterious predator has been attacking students, and her only friend is the number-one suspect.
  
As a series of blood-curdling mysteries starts to converge, Sophie prepares for the biggest threat of all: an ancient secret society determined to destroy all Prodigium, especially her.

My Thoughts:

Sophie Mercer is sent to a reform school for Prodigium after she cast a spell at her prom that doesn't go as planned. While at Hex Hall, Sophie gains enemies, a vampire friend, and a crush. Mysteries unravel and Sophie realizes that she may be in danger. A secret society is looking to destroy her . . .

I REALLY liked this book. That may be because it's a book about witches. I have always loved witches. When I was a kid I wished that I was one. Who doesn't want powers? Who doesn't want to be able to say the magic words and your room cleans itself? I have always been fascinated by witches. But that's not the only reason I liked this book. I really liked Sophie. She has a sarcastic sense of humor and is very witty. I'm like that and I really like that in a person. It brought humor into the story.

This is a really fastpaced and easy read. I was never bored and the plot never moved too slow. So if you're looking for a light and fun read full of magic, this book is for you. I just know that I need to find out what happens next in the life of Sophie Mercer. Luckily I already have the second book on my shelf waiting for me!

*I borrowed this book from the library.

ADD IT ON GOODREADS
AUTHOR'S GOODREADS
AUTHOR'S WEBSITE
GET A COPY





6 comments:

  1. I've been on the fence for this one for awhile. Thanks for the great review to help me make up my mind :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm liking this series so far! I hope you do too!

      Delete
  2. Hi Leigh Ann, Thanks for the follow. I am now following you as well :) Great review! This is one of my favorite series, are you planning on reading the rest of the series or have you started book 2?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! Yes I have read the 2nd one. Now I just have to get the 3rd in my hands! :) Glad you enjoyed this series as well.

      Delete
  3. Sounds enjoyable! Terrific review, Leigh Ann!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!